Wednesday, April 21, 2010

20 things only a girl would understand

The title says it all. Here are 20 things you literally have to be a girl to understand.


1. I hate when I put my hair in a pony tail, and one hair is pulled just a bit too tight so that I have to redo the whole thing.

2. No matter what the Always commercial says, periods are NEVER happy.

3. I could easily eat more than two pieces of pizza—I just don’t want to look like a pig.

4. In order to stop myself from texting the guy I was into, I wrote “DON’T TEXT (NAME)” on a sticky note, took a picture of it with my phone, and set it as my background.

5. No matter how carefully I shave, I always, always miss the underside of my thighs.

6. If I know I’m going to wear peep-toe heels, I’ll only paint my first three toenails; what’s the point of painting the rest if nobody is going to see them?

7. I love picking off split ends—especially when the split ends have split themselves. So awesomely disgusting, yet fascinating.

8. I HATE my guy friends when they tell me they’re trying to gain weight because they’re "too skinny."

9. I love sex jokes too, but I feel like if I laugh at them around guys, they’ll think I’m slutty.

10. Even when I know nobody will see them, I wear sexy underwear just to feel good.

11. I absolutely dread the day I accidentally fart in front of a boy.

12. I have perfected the art of sucking in my belly while keeping my shoulders and face relaxed for pictures.

13. Sometimes, I’ll put on an outfit that I think looks good, and then 10 minutes later I’ll look in the mirror and feel completely fat and have to change.

14. I often plan my outfit around the shoes I want to wear.

15. You know when you can barely get newly-washed jeans on in the morning, and then by night they have stretched out to about 3 sizes too big? That’s the worst.

16. When I’m mad at someone, I don’t feel like punching her; I just want to call her fat.

17. Sometimes it’s fun to play into the typical girl role, but my love for Edward Cullen, Patrick Dempsey and Brad Pitt will never actually hinder my real romantic life.

18. I hate being the last one to say “goodbye,” and I will stay online for as long as possible to give the guy a chance to respond.

19. Don't you hate it when you put your hair in a messy bun to wash your face at night, and it turns out PERFECT? And then you try to sleep with it so you can recreate it tomorrow, but when you wake up it's not the same.

20. I'm not actually cold; sometimes I just want to see if the guy I'm with will offer his sweatshirt. But he usually doesn't.

15 comments:

  1. All I can say is YES to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha so much truth!! I had a number 16 moment yesterday. I also get like that when I'm extremely hungry.



    ...btw, it's amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this blog. Can't even say WHICH numbers I love more because I love them all equally haha.
    Sarah K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! 13, 15, & 19 are pretty much the story of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just spent like the last 20 min reading your blog.
    it definitely made me smile!
    keep posting for sure
    - Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. only three of these are accurate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reading! Which ones are accurate? Out of curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo true. One thing I would add:
    Sometimes I jump right into that pile of horse crap, just to make the guy feel guilty and do the rest for me.
    Loved this blog, totally summed up most of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG soooooo true! Number 19 made me laugh because I seriously get sooo mad when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand them but i dont get what they *really* mean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a guy who can understand all this it's funny cause the girl next to me is the complete opposite of what this says :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a guy who can understand all this it's funny cause the girl next to me is the complete opposite of what this says :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this several years ago and have since realized that this is a PERSON thing, not just a girl thing. Thanks for your comment! :-)

      Delete